Gallery Volunteer Role Description and Person Specification
Role Title: Gallery & Events Volunteering
Length of Volunteering: 4 hours
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm – Children / London Charity Contemporary Art & Sport Auction for Children
- 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Adult / London Charity Contemporary Art & Sport Auction for Adult
Minimum Commitment: 4 hours per day at morning event or at evening event
- The exhibition aims to familiarize the multicultural British community with the achievements of Russian compatriots in the UK and the expansion of Russian-British cooperation between cultural and sports institutions.
- NASSA, together with the former athlete are trying to stop the crime with a knife, attracting teenagers to their workshop of sports and art.
- Young sports players will hear how former winning athletes talk about their careers in the arts.
- Working athletes talk about art, which inspired them, for example, the discovery of the role of Art Sport in our lives and the prevention of criminal attacks on the streets.
Purpose of Role:
- This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- Volunteers at NASSA Platform assist in
- delivering a warm welcome to all visitors, facilitating activities in the gallery and helping with event art gallery operations.
- Each volunteer brings a unique perspective to the organisation and has an opportunity to voice their opinion about the running of the gallery and a creative input into the learning activities we put on daily.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A desire to gain experience in volunteering in an arts organisation that promotes social arts practice.
- An interest in social arts practice and engaging local community groups for a positive social impact.
- An interest in engaging young people and inspiring creative education.
- Good command of spoken English or spoken Russian.
- Experience of working in public facing roles with a wide spectrum of members of the public.
Volunteer Duties and Responsibilities
We ask our volunteers to:
- Be available for a morning or evening event during exhibition day. The gallery is open on Saturday between 10am-8pm.
- Be available for occasional assistance on morning or evening openings, talks and workshops, morning event between 10:30 am – 2:30 pm on Saturday, evening event between 3:30 pm – 7:30 pm on Saturday.
- Attend a Team Meeting at the beginning of every new event.
- Help the front of house operations run smoothly and to a professional standard with the aim of encouraging return visits.
- Be an informed point of contact for all public enquiries for the gallery.
- Support the Art Manager with the delivery of Arts Awards and workshops.
- Support with administrative tasks relating to gallery event operations, including evaluation, monitoring & reporting.
- Support with exhibition installations and take-downs.
- Help keep the premises clean and tidy and prepare for events.
- Undertake health & safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the role.
- Read, acknowledge, sign and volunteer in accordance with the NASSA Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy
- Make full use of all information and communication technologies in adherence to data protection policies to meet the requirements of the role and to promote organisational effectiveness.
Key Relationships at ART AND BASKETBALL Platform:
- The staff team includes Natasha Hart, Executive Director; Jurita Kalite, Manager, Olegs Caupjonoks, Art Coordinator.
- • The induction process will be carried out by the Manager.
- • The daily management of volunteers & the volunteer rota is the responsibility of the Marketing Coordinator.
- • Volunteers will have the opportunity to assist all staff.
- • Volunteers will often share their shifts with other volunteers.
- • Due to the nature of the role, volunteers will engage with gallery visitors.
- • Volunteers will occasionally assist the artists & local participating groups.
- Experience in an arts organisation which promotes social arts practice.
- The opportunity to help a charity to benefit the local community, whilst contributing meaningfully to the organisation.
- The opportunity to help with the development and deliverance of creative educational activities with the Learning team to young visitors at the gallery.
- Learn new skills & meet a variety of new people.
- Build confidence & self-esteem in a new environment.
- Relevant training and support in the gallery environment.
- Opportunities to gain experience in marketing, use of social media, audience
- Research, exhibition installations, and other aspects of gallery operations.
What can volunteers bring to ART AND BASKETBALL Platform?
- Help in delivering our mission to ‘ART AND BASKETBALL STOP KNIFE CRIME AND SAVE HUMANITY’
- Much needed resource and support in the gallery space.
- To assist in strengthening links with local groups who visit the gallery.
- Assistance with spreading awareness of ART AND BASKETBALL Platform.
- To provide insight and advice to the gallery in order to create a better visitor &
- Working experience for all at ART AND BASKETBALL Platform.
If you are interested in volunteering at Platform or have any questions please email Jurita Kalite, the Gallery Manager: jurita.kalite@